Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192627282930 LastLast

Thread: South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living - STARTUP PHASE

1. Back To Top    #561

South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living - STARTUP PHASE

Quote Originally Posted by bdavis466 View Post
    My pool has nearly three times the surface area of yours and with a 1" drain line it has no issues keeping up.

Yours would be perfectly fine if it actually drained somewhere
    Thanks, Brian. How/where does yours drain? And is it from the skimmer or from the shell wall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brian - UNDER CONSTRUCTION: 17K gal SW Gunite IG. 17'x23'(w/shelf)x34'. 650sf. 114' perim. 3.5'-5' depth sports pool. 7'x11' sun shelf, 6'x8' spa. Intelliflow VSP, IC60 SWCG, CC420 filter, 4 LEDs (2 Globrite and 2 Intellibrite). Hayward 140K BTU heat pump. Pentair EasyTouch 8 automation. Ivory travertine deck. 8"X16" travertine coping. NPT lightwaves Aquamarine spa tile and marker tiles. Undecided on plaster/pebble finish.

2. Back To Top    #562

In the Industry

Re: South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living - STARTUP PHASE

From the skimmer to a 3" drain line that goes out to the curb...An actual drain!

The 1" line is probably 50' long
    -Brian-
    33K In ground Pool/Spa, IntelliFlo, IntelliChlor SWG, Easytouch, ScreenLogic, MasterTemp 400, Quad 100, IntelliPH, MiniPebble, Dolphin Z5, POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page @daviscustomconstruction

3. Back To Top    #563

From the skimmer to a 3" drain line that goes out to the curb...An actual drain!

The 1" line is probably 50' long
    Being from the desert, the only time we've ever worried about "drains" was when we drained the pool for some reason (maintenance, dumb owner, etc). But, this would seem to be one of the best ways to go to me. Another thought that comes to mind is whether there is an accessible clean out for the home sewer line nearby to tap into? That might save the run from the back yard to the front, if so, and an acceptable solution. (probably not the best idea with a septic system though)
    2017 Build, 14K gal, pebbletec blue smurf, EcoStar VS pump (pool/spa), 2hp TriStar pump (water features), SwimClear 425 multi-cartridge filter, Hayward 400K heater, Turbocell-15 SWG, Pro-Logic Automation, LED lighting, Hayward suction side cleaner (model TBD), TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #564

We have a canal (poor mans like) in the back of our property where the elevation is lower than the pool drain. It's probably about a 30-40' run. That would probably be best but we'd most likely need to do it discretely. The run to the front of the house would be a chore, it's a good 100-150'.

Brian - UNDER CONSTRUCTION: 17K gal SW Gunite IG. 17'x23'(w/shelf)x34'. 650sf. 114' perim. 3.5'-5' depth sports pool. 7'x11' sun shelf, 6'x8' spa. Intelliflow VSP, IC60 SWCG, CC420 filter, 4 LEDs (2 Globrite and 2 Intellibrite). Hayward 140K BTU heat pump. Pentair EasyTouch 8 automation. Ivory travertine deck. 8"X16" travertine coping. NPT lightwaves Aquamarine spa tile and marker tiles. Undecided on plaster/pebble finish.

5. Back To Top    #565

One thing you do need to check into before thinking about the reroute are local (county and city) ordinances as well as any HOA rules (if applicable) regarding the discharge of pool water. Some local codes (and HOAs) prohibit the discharge of pool water into public places or into wetland areas (like your canal). Here in AZ, many HOAs prohibit backwash directly into the street or storm drains and so you must use a sewer clean out. That's the only reason I can think of for you PB to have routed the overflow line to discharge under the pool shell.

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

6. Back To Top    #566

We enjoyed the pool, and the start of the landscape, this weekend. We figured out a weekend schedule for the pool/spa that worked for us, but it was very manual. In order to get the spa heated while also using the pool during the day, we switched our manual spa bypass valve for pool return circulation and then cutover to spa mode when we wanted to hop in the spa. This helped keep the spa water at max temp while still providing pool circulation. The catch is that I have to dial down our pump as the higher spillover pump speed literally blows 2 of our returns out of the pool wall. Should that be happening? I dialed it back from 3,000 rpm to 2,000 rpm and it still happened. About 1,500 rpm was the sweet spot to keep them in while maximizing water flow.

And is there a way to set up a setting through the Pentair automation to drop to this speed when I cutover the bypass valve? Or just have a different pump speed setting in general? It doesn't look like there are any "pool settings" in screenlogic (on my phone).

Here's a good shot from the weekend post vacuuming. I also got a decent shot that shows the spa tile colors. Still irrigation ditches and dirt everywhere. I am hopeful it looks much different next weekend.

7. Back To Top    #567

Grumpie,

I only use my PC when programing.....

As far as pump speed, you can just set up a feature circuit for whatever speed you want. One click of the feature circuit icon on your phone and the pump will go to that speed.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2.

8. Back To Top    #568

Quote Originally Posted by Jimrahbe View Post
    Grumpie,

I only use my PC when programing.....

As far as pump speed, you can just set up a feature circuit for whatever speed you want. One click of the feature circuit icon on your phone and the pump will go to that speed.

Jim R.
    Ah ok perfect. Similar to what Brian walked me through to setup a circuit to turn off our spillover. I'm liking putting an actuator on my manual bypass valve more and more! Thanks.

9. Back To Top    #569

In the Industry

Is that the water color you are unhappy with? The pool is absolutely stunning.
    -Brian-
    33K In ground Pool/Spa, IntelliFlo, IntelliChlor SWG, Easytouch, ScreenLogic, MasterTemp 400, Quad 100, IntelliPH, MiniPebble, Dolphin Z5, POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page @daviscustomconstruction

10. Back To Top    #570

Thank you, Brian! Yes, this is the original plaster. Once salt was added, it seems to have a slightly darker, silkier color to it. The late afternoon sun also gives it a slightly darker tint.

11. Back To Top    #571

LOL that is the EXACT thing I was thinking! "That water color looks so pretty!" Are you still going to have it redone?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

12. Back To Top    #572

It turned out really beautiful, Brian! Although the plaster may not be right, it sure looks like it compliments your glass tile! Rally pretty!!
    ​FINALLY FINISHED IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

13. Back To Top    #573

South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living - STARTUP PHASE

Honestly, this weekend was a turning point where I thought about just leaving it as is. If it weren't for the marker tile, it would be a much easier decision. I really strongly dislike the dark grey grout on the tiles. It looks like dirt and mildew buildup next to the white plaster. It also takes away the real pop of the individual tile colors. The marker tile being done right looks sooo nice and really becomes an accent to the pool. I know this because there are some areas of full plaster overspray and it's perfect.

For the plaster, would I like it darker? Yes. Can I live with it as is? Yea I think I can.
    Landscaping should be done by mid week so I'm going to reassess once I see the finished product.

14. Back To Top    #574

Quote Originally Posted by Nursenini View Post
    It turned out really beautiful, Brian! Although the plaster may not be right, it sure looks like it compliments your glass tile! Rally pretty!!
    Thanks, Nini!

15. Back To Top    #575

Here are quick late afternoon shots of the marker tile. Where they didn't wipe the plaster off the grout versus where they did. In the sun it's even more strikingly different.

The only other option is to chisel off the excess plaster on the grout, but I'd rather it not be grey so I might just drain it a bit and break out the white-out pens

16. Back To Top    #576

Your pool looks great
    5,775 gal, IG free form, Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish, 2 swim out benches, Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues, StaRite Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter replaced with Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15, Polaris 360, Pentair 300w Light upgraded to Pentair IntelliBrite (OMG what a huge difference) , Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers, solar cover, TF-100 test kit, Pentair Deck Jet, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer (Makes testing a breeze), Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Margarita Concoction Machine,
    Pics of our Spool ( Social Pool) being built Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

17. Back To Top    #577

Man I was all ready to say "let is stay like it is" then I was the difference yeah it quite striking how the grout and plaster changes the look of the tile. Could they drain the pool and use a tiny tool to take the grout out and put some plaster in place??? Yeah I know I grasping at straws here

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

18. Back To Top    #578

Quote Originally Posted by Brentr View Post
    Your pool looks great
    Thanks, Brent!

19. Back To Top    #579

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    Man I was all ready to say "let is stay like it is" then I was the difference yeah it quite striking how the grout and plaster changes the look of the tile. Could they drain the pool and use a tiny tool to take the grout out and put some plaster in place??? Yeah I know I grasping at straws here

Kim
    Could they, yes. But they said it would be tough to get a really consistent blend between the added plaster and the existing plaster. And then they run the risk of chipping tile and needing to do even more plaster repair if tiles need to be replaced. And if they are draining the pool, might as well do the refinish.

The only real quick fix they offered was to chisel the oversprayed plaster off the grout, but that's working in the opposite direction of what we'd like addressed.

20. Back To Top    #580

I agree, the color looks amazing now! I totally understand the issue with the marker tiles. Tough spot but everything else looks amazing.
    37.5x17' 505 sq ft Shotcrete 3.5-7' w/sunshelf, 18" 7' spa with stone, CL Industries Blue Pearl pebble finish, Hayward Ecostar VS pump, Swimclear cartridge 200 sq ft, 40k SWG, Aqua Plus automation, 3 Colorlogic lights (2 in pool, 1 in spa), 2 LED bubblers on sun shelf, 4' LED sheer decent on raised wall, StaRite 330k BTU heater, 1500 sq ft Tremron Stonehurst Sierra pavers w/bullnose coping, Lightstream tile, 34x56 Mansard screen enclosure

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192627282930 LastLast