South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living - STARTUP PHASE

Re: New Build - South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living

Here's another try.
29640783235_3770949b40_b.jpg
[/URL]Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 10.37.44 AM by fsubk, on Flickr[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also made it to the SGM Diamond Brite showroom at lunch today. They gave me the full suite of samples. Looking forward to dropping them in the community pool this weekend.
23af2ff6b9a8ac43b9af6a49caa8d352.jpg

New Build - South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living

I don't know what you did differently but I can see those! You might want to take your address off of the image though. [emoji5]

What shade of water are you hoping for? The little samples in the pool won't show you much - I tried. I got the best benefit with a white bucket in my own backyard but it really only shows you what the plaster will look like - not the water color.

I am leaning towards a blue/grey plaster color to get a deep teal blue watercolor. I really like the pebbletec blue granite color but don't like the pebble finish and can't afford the $7k to upgrade from diamond Brite. The Aegean Sea watercolor is right in that color zone but I have only been able to find 2-3 pools online with that finish, all from the same builder in Louisiana.

Yea, the pool test won't work great but should give me a feel for how much darker our water will be versus the white based plaster from our community pool. The white bucket test is on the list as well.

I have a Deep Sea Blue but modified to a slightly bluer base color vs the original gray. I've seen brands with a Midnight Blue that come close. You can try to find a diamondbrite that that has similar colors in the plaster as that of Blue Granite...

even after playing with the DB samples tonight, I am drawn to the Aegean Sea (4th from the left in the bottom box). It is darker than the white based quartz selections but I wouldnt consider it a dark color, which hopefully will help our chances at avoiding mottling or streaking. Here are the inspirational pics. The last pic has a little more green tint to it, so I may just have the mix slightly heavier on the blue side (it is a watercolor mix of 60% french gray which has a green tint, and 40% Tahoe blue which is a deep bright blue).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

PB Quoted me $120 to go from CC320 filter to CC420 filter and $300 to go from EasyTouch4 to EasyTouch 8. Still waiting on price for IC40 to IC60. These seem reasonable to me, but figured I'd check here with the resident experts!

Here is the final color combo:
Materials by fsubk, on Flickr

- - - Updated - - -

upgrade from IC40 to IC60 is $290. Im pulling the trigger on the upgrades (IC60, ET8, CC420). For under $750 in total to upgrade, I think it will be worth it in the long run.

Wife and I have been talking over bench options. Currently we have one bench cutout on the side of the pool closest to the house but were debating the need/benefits of a bench on the far side of the pool. Since we want our spa overhanging the edge of the pool a bit (it is currently 12" in from the side coping), we can bump it in another 6" and make benches the full length of both sides of the spa. But the trade off would be losing some swimmable area. We have very usable hangout space with the shelf and stairs currently, but nothing on the far side of the pool. We are on the fence on this. Thoughts? Is it overkill? Here is a pic again of our current design.
cbc1cb25a254c257e41400089f15d521.jpg

Do you spend more time moving or not moving in pools? Even though I'm pretty active in a pool it's probably higher for not moving. We love our significant bench space. Our pool has about 43% of the perimeter filled with benches or steps. We've had our pool for 4 seasons and we love that aspect.

Do you spend more time moving or not moving in pools? Even though I'm pretty active in a pool it's probably higher for not moving. We love our significant bench space. Our pool has about 43% of the perimeter filled with benches or steps. We've had our pool for 4 seasons and we love that aspect.

We are active and play sports (volleyball and basketball) but we aren't going to be swimming laps. We have 3 little kids also (all under 3). We will typically have 6-7 people in the pool as our parents are often over with us at our community pool now. Our entertaining will mostly be done under the covered patio (orange in the photo). There is a considerable distance from the far side of the pool where these benches would go and the house (about 40 feet) but they would be the only option for benches looking back at the house/patio. Also, should we opt for the extra benches should we expect much of a cost increase?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.