South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living - STARTUP PHASE

So glad it has been so easy and you are in enjoy mode! That is why you have a pool!

Pressure-heater-I really don't know but would love to learn. I suggest you start a new thread in the"everything else" so we can learn together. That is if no one answers here on this thread.

-Pressure-new cartridge-it is only 1 yr old! You should NOT need a new one this fast! Have you done any reading on cleaning it with TSP? Here is a link to it:

Re: How to clean a cartridge filter

Fountain idea:

Sparkling Standard 3-Tier Swimming Pool Fountain ─ In the Swim

Kim:kim:

Thanks, Kim. I'll read up on that method of cleaning the cartridges.

As for the fountain, the challenge is I need something that doesn't screw into the return. But if that is a pop-in, that's a good alternative. I'm also debating making my own adapters out of new returns and pvc. I probably won't go all the way DIY tho, I'll still by the sprinkler/fountain.

Here is a fun shot of "old faithful mode" from yesterday.

5188adf505696e9b8a4bc2ce6695c3d9.jpg

Re: COMPLETE - South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living

Are your umbrellas 10ft? I just bought some 9ft ones and they feel small to me and yours look big.
I'm also not sure if mine are standard size and they just feel small because I'm slightly bigger than average

Re: COMPLETE - South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living

Are your umbrellas 10ft? I just bought some 9ft ones and they feel small to me and yours look big.
I'm also not sure if mine are standard size and they just feel small because I'm slightly bigger than average

Hey Will. They are 9'. They just look bigger because I have it tilted in the photo. We have 2 umbrella sleeves offset in our shelf so 2 of them give us max coverage.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living - STARTUP PHASE

Stupid question - Are these clumps concentrated chlorine/salt from the SWG or something else? I only notice them when the bubblers are on, especially at higher pressure. Randomly we will also still see some plaster rocks.

921b2e21f6357809899eab9ebaa0ed80.jpg

Just looks like pool building debris from plaster, etc. that got into the plumbing and it is being ejected when you run them at that higher pressure. Otherwise they would stay in the pipes. Nothing of that size would come from your SWCG. And yes, you will see random pebbles from your finish from time to time.

Grumpie, did you ever get high pressure issue resolved? I have some ideas to try if not. If you did, could you please post what you found. BTW, I love your build! I've read the entire "adventure" and I'm glad you finally were able to get most things sorted out. The pool looks amazing and your yard resembles a resort! Awesome effort and choices!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.