South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living - STARTUP PHASE

Question on screenlogic. I have our pool light and spa light set as diff aux relays. I can turn them on and off individually through screenlogic but for color both are synced. I can change them individually at the panel, but is there any way I can set it up to select different colors in screenlogic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian,

I only have one light and it is not color, so I have no hands on experience with this, but under Lights there are several icons...

All on, All off, Color Set, Color Sync, and Color Swim...

So it sure sounds like it will do what you want.

Play with it, you can't hurt it.

Or, you can just send me a free set of lights and I'll play with it here... :cool:

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Turn just the spa light on and select a color then turn it off. Now turn the pool light on and do the same.

When you turn the pool and spa light on they will be on the last color that they were set.

For some reason when I do this, any button on the light options screen turns the pool back on and to that color as well. I'll have to play around in the panel tomorrow to double check settings.

I'm guessing I messed something up or our electrician wired them a certain way that didn't allow me to set light colors individually. But its odd that I can turn them on/off individually.

Does anyone know what the set, recall, and swim buttons on the light screen actually do?

I started tinkering around with the desktop version of screenlogic and was able to figure out the lights, somewhat. I basically had to set them through the light screen as "set" or "swim" and then I can go to those default settings from the app. But I still haven't found a way to change separately on the fly from the app.

Two other questions:

Should my intelliflow 3hp VSP be blowing the returns out of the pool wall at speeds > 1,500 rpms with the spa and spillway off? That seems a little sensitive to me given my pump can go to 3,500 rpm.

Also, how often should I be cleaning out my filter basket? We have nominal leaves/debris entering our pool. Does once every other week sound about right?

Re: South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living - STARTUP PHASE

Two other questions:

Should my intelliflow 3hp VSP be blowing the returns out of the pool wall at speeds > 1,500 rpms with the spa and spillway off? That seems a little sensitive to me given my pump can go to 3,500 rpm.

Also, how often should I be cleaning out my filter basket? We have nominal leaves/debris entering our pool. Does once every other week sound about right?

Grumpie,

What do you mean "blowing the returns out of the wall"... If you mean the eyeballs actual come out, then something is very wrong. But maybe I just don't understand what you mean??? I can run my pump at full speed and nothing happens except I waste electricity... :p

I only clean out my pump basket every couple of months, but have no trees near the pool..

The ScreenLogic phone app does not have all the functionality that the PC has..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Grumpie,

What do you mean "blowing the returns out of the wall"... If you mean the eyeballs actual come out, then something is very wrong. But maybe I just don't understand what you mean??? I can run my pump at full speed and nothing happens except I waste electricity... :p

I only clean out my pump basket every couple of months, but have no trees near the pool..

The ScreenLogic phone app does not have all the functionality that the PC has..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Yes I actually mean the return eyeballs pop out of the pool wall. 2 of the 4 of them. I have to hammer them back in with a mallet after cutting the rpm below 1500. If you recall from my thread, I have a manual spa bypass valve that we use to keep the spa heated while we use the pool on the weekends. When we do this, all of the pressure goes to the pool returns (4 of them) and cycles back through the pool main drain. The pressure to the pool returns in this setting is significantly higher at the same rpms than if I have it in spillover mode where the water is split between the pool returns and spa main drain. Logically it makes sense, but I didn't think my pool returns should ever be blown out of the wall. I'm not sure the best way to solve for this.

Agree with Jim, eyeballs should not be popping....unless a pretty lady walks by....

The ScreenLogic phone app does not have all the functionality that the PC has...

{rant}
Proof, PROOF!!, as to why SL is inferior!! Would it be so hard for them to include an Ethernet and Bluetooth chip set into the EasyTouch electronics and completely do away with the PC boat anchor?!?!?
{rant-over}

Grumpy,

Get these -

Disposable Hair Net, Spun-Bonded Polypropylene, White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N964X3J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_NZM2ybB2PJPPY

Put them over your skimmer basket and your filter will stay a lot cleaner.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Grumpie,

My eyeballs screw in... yours do not?? I thought they all screwed in??? :scratch:

Edit... The ones in the pool.....

Matt,

I think you hurt my boat anchor er.. computer's feelings... :cry:

Your "proof" is similar to Big Foot sightings, all show but no go... :poke:

When your tin can remote can show you all the scheduled programs on one screen all at the same time, let me know and I'll yell uncle!! :stirpot:

Jim R.

Our returns are not threaded. They are push-ins, kinda like this:

250a26353dd8946bf5c2a60dd01c99bc.jpg

Since we are refinishing the pool, could they switch them to threaded? I'd prefer not to have to keep "popping" them back into place every time my pump speed increases. How would that work? Could you thread the pvc or would we need to glue some sort of fitting on it to screw into?

They get glued to the pipe stub. Since he is getting his pool replastered, there is no reason why these can't be used. The beauty of them is that only the eyeball shows, the rest of the fitting is buried below the plaster.

They accommodate 1" pipe on the inside or will slip inside 1.5" pipe using the outside of the fitting's collar. They come in a bunch of different colors as well.

They get glued to the pipe stub. Since he is getting his pool replastered, there is no reason why these can't be used. The beauty of them is that only the eyeball shows, the rest of the fitting is buried below the plaster.

Brian, would there ever be a reason to remove the returns? I've got commitment issues...

Why would they need to be removed? The eyeballs are secured by a ring that can be taken out for cleaning and the inside is threaded so you could screw in whatever other fitting you wanted. These are designed to be flush with the wall and blend into the finish. I'm baffled why anyone uses any other style?

Don't even get me started on drain covers....

I have the one Brian suggests using. I like them a lot because there's no big chunky piece of plastic sticking to my wall. When looking at the pool, you can't see where the returns are.

My only issue is I need to install different eyeball sizes to balance my return flow better. The return closest to the pad puts out more water than the far return.

In the rare chance we don't get refinished, are there any options to convert what I have to a threaded? Could we thread the pvc or drain below the return line and do a similar inserted return that is glued inside the pvc (but wouldn't be flush under the plaster)?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.