South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living - STARTUP PHASE

Re: South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living - DECK PHASE

In AZ and TX there CH is HIGH in their fill water and the only way to get rid of CH is to replace with water with no or lower CH aka rain water. I have also seen some fill water with HIGH TA. Not a big deal but has to be worked on over time ( a week or so) to get it down and then each time they add hose water.

You will see a little green in your water for the first little while. As you get it balanced you will start to see the true color of the pool. It take a couple/few days to happen. You can help "filter" the water by have the hoses going into a bucket with polyfill or fabric. Most people do not do this though. I just wanted to let you know you COULD do it if you wanted to. You know what the water coming out of the house looks like at your house.

I like control so the idea of being able to have all of the lights separate appeals to me.............I don't have any lights IN my pool so take my thoughts on that with a block of salt LOL

Kim:kim:

I spoke to the PB and he made a good point. Since we are doing the Pentair LEDs, having them separate would lose the ability to sync whenever using the settings that fade or alternate colors. We ultimately decided to keep the two pool lights and shelf light on one switch and keep the spa light on a separate switch. Most times we will have the same solid color throughout, but it will be nice to turn off the pool/spa without the other or have two different colors on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Electrical was finished today. So now we have pool fence tomorrow, then inspections before plaster and fill. We are creating a design board for our landscaper to round up landscaping and irrigation. We like the stone/rock landscaping bed look contrasting with the travertine deck. Do rocks or stones getting in the pool do any damage to the finish? With 3 kids under 3, they are bound to get thrown in the pool.

3 kids under 3??????????? :shock: You did NOT just say that!

Okay now lets talk pool landscaping and littles. You know they WILL throw the rocks in the pool. I don't think the rocks will hurt the finish BUT I do worry about it messing up the vacuum if they are small enough to by picked up by it. Since there will be two baskets between the vacuum and pump your equipment should be safe.

What I would do is make sure the rocks are big enough to be easy to see and pick up by hand or net from the bottom of the pool.

Another idea to get the look you want (and I LOVE) but keep them from being picked up and moved by the littles is to pour cement where you want the rocks/stones and set the rocks in it. More labor intensive but sure to keep them where you want them. Would be a win-win to me.

Thanks. They will be medium to large size rocks so easy to see and hard to vacuum up. My bigger concern was if some rocks made it into the pool and we didn't get them out until the next time we used the pool. I was concerned maybe they could stain the plaster which would sway our decision.

I would think they would not cause any staining as they should have little to no dirt or organic debris on them. I would have the landscapers rinse them real good to get any dirt off them before they put them in place. They can do it in a wheelbarrow to do a bunch at one time. They should be fairly clean from sitting out in the wire baskets I have seen them kept in so it might be a non-issue.

Brian - #GoNoles

My apologies for missing most of your build but it is coming along quite nicely. We lost half of our house in Hurricane Matthew and have been displaced since Oct. 5th - hopefully back and fully rebuilt in March.

I love the choice on the travertine and accent tile. Plaster should be coming in soon and then it's water time. You guys will be celebrating a brand new pool with cannonballs in just a few weeks!!

Brian - #GoNoles

My apologies for missing most of your build but it is coming along quite nicely. We lost half of our house in Hurricane Matthew and have been displaced since Oct. 5th - hopefully back and fully rebuilt in March.

I love the choice on the travertine and accent tile. Plaster should be coming in soon and then it's water time. You guys will be celebrating a brand new pool with cannonballs in just a few weeks!!

Hey Kevin, good to hear from you. So sorry to hear about your home. I hope you and your family are all safe and healthy. It's crazy that you guys caught the blunt of it. We were in the eye for a long time and all we got was heavy rain and tropical storm winds at best. Good luck with getting back home!

As for our pool we really are in the home stretch. Inspections and plaster stand between us and swimming. Thanks for checking in.

Baby fence is in. We went with what is called a clear view brown mesh with beige poles. It blended the best with our travertine. Our permit went in for a 360 fence, but as soon as inspection passes we are going to change it so it is not a full wrap around and tied into our patio and fencing to open things up a bit.

d1e91d01940b820be61fbfc3c1da3d34.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Yeah... storms blow. LOL. We'll get everything back up and going soon. At least we evacuated and everyone was safe. And we've got one heck of a hurricane party planned once we can go home!

IMG_1907.JPG

Do you mean close the patio off from the pool with the fence?

That is a neat looking fence. I have not seen that color before. NICE!

Yes or do a "U" shape that ties into our ZLL fence to open up the pool area more as most of our pool side seating space is on that side of the pool.

Sounds like that would work. What door and window alarms did you go with?

No window or door alarms. Here in palm beach the requirement is either fence or alarms and not both. My wife won that battle for the fence, but it does make a ton of sense for when the kids are playing out in the yard. We have high mounted locks on the sliders out to the patio and I can barely open the windows myself.

Re: South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living - INTERIOR FINISH PHASE

We are in the home stretch. The covered patio is complete and all permits are closed out. On that front it is time for space planning and furniture shopping! As for the pool, our baby fence, electric, and decking passed inspection and we are on the schedule for interior finish mid-week next week. We are hoping to have irrigation and landscaping done the following week which will complete the project.

The Pentair warranty registration requires sales receipt and qualified installer's invoice. I'm curious what the PB gives you to meet this requirement. Note: you must register within 60 days of installation.

Our temps have dropped here this week. Overnight lows in the high 40s and daytime highs of 80. It doesn't seem too cold to plaster, but is there any concern of the large variation in temperature during or immediately after plaster?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.