South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living - STARTUP PHASE

Re: South Florida Pool & Outdoor Living - TILE PHASE

I originally wanted the blue lightwaves, but after seeing a sample, I thought it was too blue so I had the PB get me the aquamarine to look at and like that better. I am also going with ivory travertine bullnose coping 12" x 24". What color is your water line tile? I want it to go with the travertine so my 20 ft raised wall with the aquamarine will be my bling.

Same here. The blue sample looks nicer but is such a deeper and more consistent blue that we were worried we wouldn't get as much character with the iridescence.

We did a NPT 6x6 ivory color tile to match the coping. I can get you the exact tile name and a close up later if interested. We were hoping to have somewhat of an infinity look where the deck blends with waterline tile right to the water. It matches really well when the deck is dry. But when wet or sealed the waterline tile is lighter than decking since it is a manufactured porcelain product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I originally wanted the blue lightwaves, but after seeing a sample, I thought it was too blue so I had the PB get me the aquamarine to look at and like that better. I am also going with ivory travertine bullnose coping 12" x 24". What color is your water line tile? I want it to go with the travertine so my 20 ft raised wall with the aquamarine will be my bling.

i actually misspoke, it is not NPT, but rather a local company who is related to NPT. it is called Keystone Wind (Ivory) Shaded 6x6 from Fort Lauderdale Marble Supply Co.
Water Line Tiles | Lauderdale Tile Marble

A couple of questions for current and next stages of the build:

Should I put a hold on watering the shell since they just tiled? And how much longer should I be watering for? It's been about 2+ weeks.

My gunite company says to water for 14 days, so you should be good.

That is so pretty, I am doing the aquamarine on my raised wall but in 2 x 2 and on my benches, steps and shelf. I am in the rebar stage right now. What color grout did they use?

Roki, here are some close ups of the grey grout lines after being cleaned. It is a light to medium grey.

73daee621533c84a638aae178d0a0ea0.jpg

24881527a3202d6cda06413ad80abbae.jpg

d508bce3c9849290e52ce2b9ac4702a7.jpg

b72bc0f02a4e3cc5c38761e65ab60921.jpg

Thanks for the pics! When I originally was going with the Blue th PB had mentioned doing a midnight blue grout that they have used before but since I am changing to aquamarine I think I want to change the grout color. I do like the grey.

Brian, I LOVE the new tile choice!! It is very similar to my Peacock Lightstreams tile. Super pretty and blingy!!!
Your pool is looking wonderful! Sorry I forgot to get back with you on the bubblers after Thanksgiving, but it lookes like you got it all worked out!

Brian, I LOVE the new tile choice!! It is very similar to my Peacock Lightstreams tile. Super pretty and blingy!!!
Your pool is looking wonderful! Sorry I forgot to get back with you on the bubblers after Thanksgiving, but it lookes like you got it all worked out!

Thanks! It is starting to come together. Our yard is getting prepped for the travertine pavers today. But it is a slow week with the holidays. I'm hoping we can have the deck complete by the end of next week, best case.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Lots of progress the last couple of weeks. We were out at a river cabin for my birthday from thurs to Sunday and came home to a completed deck and the equipment set (less the automation). Looks like they are finishing the pool lights today and provably the electric/automation. I also am having our electrician move the electrical panel to our desired location to get the equipment and plumbing in the right spot (it was placed where I wanted it) to be able to use the space on the sides.

What should I be looking for as it relates to the equipment and plumbing? We received all of the right equipment but I'm a rookie when it comes to plumbing and layout. Are the black screw caps the plumbing unions? And it looks like I got pentair neverlube valves instead of the jandy but that's fine with me since most of our equipment is pentair.

Do the 3 ball valves indicate that I will be able to shut off the bubblers individually, or will it just adjust the water flow?

It's a little bit overcast and wet here this morning but here's some pics.

ac5356801f29f0603341cfad7d34e422.jpg

742f15f838c58e6547d21978aced1ada.jpg

65db42aafebc2b8836f8bc4ba076ad6d.jpg

d818af66b0c31b2d4eb792ef18dc1851.jpg

2840696d3865af31665a590a0acd16e3.jpg

ac42d4d03fa4c174d99fe8ee52bc0140.jpg

20347682ea31657c112a9ab36d105c0c.jpg

808d8971d30a3faaeda3b662b00ddf40.jpg

3472d2fb67fce64db819d694e56b89ca.jpg

987e3bc5fcdc14f9aa015398d67c683c.jpg

6c40ced1bd5252b3595e07424c3b9c44.jpg

bb9d049aa31798e443ca25fbe52fb192.jpg

Thanks BigE! While I've been a stressball through this whole process, it is coming along nicely. Surprisingly, everything feels bigger than I had envisioned: pool, decking, and covered patio. I suppose that's better than feeling smaller. Once the piles of dirt, crates, rocks and sand are removed we will really be able to see what the full yard looks like.

I like what I see! Yes you have unions! The valves are nice ones! I am not sure how they work though as I have the cheap ones. My pool was done before I really learned the ends and out of the equipment to the fact my husband had to add the unions as they did not include them when they set my stuff up.

NICE work!

Kim:kim:

The valves with the red handles will all break at some point. More quickly depending on how much FL sun hits them. The handles just snap off when you go to use them one time. But you can just leave a pair of rusty vice grips on them - so no worries! :cool: At this point, I'd wait and replumb good ones when the first one breaks. You will pay either way I suspect.

Continually amazed by the awesome tropical vibe of your yard! Travertine and tile looks great too.

I like what I see! Yes you have unions! The valves are nice ones! I am not sure how they work though as I have the cheap ones. My pool was done before I really learned the ends and out of the equipment to the fact my husband had to add the unions as they did not include them when they set my stuff up.

NICE work!

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim!

Those valves really aren't meant to get used all that often. They are there more to equalize the flow between the bubblers... More of a set and forget kind of thing

Agreed. But if your foot catches one or you do have to move them after 3 years of UV exposure, snap-o. Ask me how I know.

Continually amazed by the awesome tropical vibe of your yard! Travertine and tile looks great too.

Thanks! It's killing me that the palms aren't getting watered or trimmed regularly right now. I just got word they will do final grading next week so sod and landscaping will come right after.

I double checked our contract and it turns out the PB installed the wrong filter. I had a CC420 in my contract and they installed a CC200. I'm imagining that is a big difference for our ~17k gallon pool? I'm going to bring this to my PB's attention but I am concerned that the 420 has a bigger footprint and may throw a wrench in the existing pad layout. Any thoughts?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.