Getting rid of booster pump

barnnns1

Aug 9, 2016
clovis/ca
As the title says. I currently have three pumps but want to go down to 1. I upgraded to a variable speed 3 hp and went from a pressure sweep to a vacuum. I am very happy with it so I want to eliminate the booster pump at least. I am just not sure what to do about the plumbing line from it. I am afraid if I just cap it the stagnant water in the line can create a problem.

I have a booster for a Polaris that I use as a back up for my robot. Got to have a back up - think about it. Anyway, the water from the main pump goes right through the booster when it is not running and if I wanted to remove the booster all I would have to do is put piping in it's place.

:hammer::hammer:
I have a booster for a Polaris that I use as a back up for my robot. Got to have a back up - think about it. Anyway, the water from the main pump goes right through the booster when it is not running and if I wanted to remove the booster all I would have to do is put piping in it's place.

Good point on the back up. I don't have one now but if I get a back up it will probly be vacuum so I still shouldn't need the booster. I don't know why I didn't think about just connecting the plumbing straight through. I'm new to pools but not plumbing

As the title says. I currently have three pumps but want to go down to 1. I upgraded to a variable speed 3 hp and went from a pressure sweep to a vacuum. I am very happy with it so I want to eliminate the booster pump at least. I am just not sure what to do about the plumbing line from it. I am afraid if I just cap it the stagnant water in the line can create a problem.

It seems to me all you need to do is connect the input pipe on your booster to the output pipe on the booster. Remove any "door" at the pool end, and you end up with another return. Water will pass through it, just like any pool return, so it can't go stagnate.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.