Felt sorry for people

VinDeeLoo

Bronze Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
Tonkawa/Oklahoma
I had to run into a Leslie's this morning to pick up something. (Not chemicals.) There were several people in front of me getting their water tested. The lady in front of me was asking questions about closing her pool in Kansas versus California since Kansas gets snow. She was questioning pipes freezing. I told her when closing you would lower the water level in pool to under the skimmer and such. She preceded to ask the worker if that was true. Then she paid over $100 for chemicals she didn't need and said "see you next week". I stood there listening to the workers tell everyone what to add and my stomach was just cringing. Everyone was on a first name basis - except for me. So grateful that I am not being Pool Stored. :)

it depends on the store I guess and I haven't come across chain business where stores would have qualified personnel, regardless of the business area. I guess it just doesn't fit business model. Privately owned places are usually leaps ahead because it's their business and they need to survive. My local privately owned pool store is much better in this regard than local Leslie's store. I'm still buying there chlorine/MA mostly. They helped me with parts couple times and were quite knowledgeable. Private store uses FAS/DPD test to test their customer's water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.