Light Green Pool

May 30, 2016
jackson
Alright guys I am finally posting instead of lurking. So here goes, my pool started doing the same thing as the Olympic's turning a light green. If I am reading the test right, I just dropped 1 gal of chlorinating liquid in the pool..

FC - 14.5
CC - 1..Not sure I did this right
pH - 7.8
TA - 260
CH - 70
CYA - over a 100

Welcome to TFP! Are you in Jackson, NJ? If so, is your fill water coming from the township or well? You have to be careful with the well water because it contains iron and possibly metals. My well water, when tested shows high concentrations of iron and/or metals so I stay away, but some people have no choice. For the pool, I use city water only.

The good news is that after you verify your CYA, because it could be well over 100, diluting and filling the pool will not take long. Is the water green, or do you have algae on the walls. Your CC (combined chlorine) of 1 requires you to perform a SLAM until you pass all 3 tests. How is your chlorine consumption and how are you dosing the pool?

Please keep us posted!

Depends on your well and how far down you are. I'm from Jackson, but my well is down over 300'. My water tests out better than Poland Spring according to the DEP test I got when I closed. Jackson does have a number of older homes on significantly more shallow wells to the tune of 50-125'. It also depends on if your well driller hit a vein. I got lucky with mine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.