Cape Coral, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have an older Hayward sand filter and it seems to have lost a bit of it's performance. I opened it up to take a look at it and I'm wondering if it has enough sand in it.
There's no info on the filter but I'm pretty sure it's a S240 that's supposed to hold 300lbs of sand.
Plenty of room to add two or three bags but wondering if they're needed and or will help at all :confused:
Getting ready to do a deep clean.

Attachments

• Sand filter Hayward S240 open sm.jpg
    Sand filter Hayward S240 open sm.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 26
I'm not an expert by any means, but I just filled mine a week and a half ago. My pool builder told me 10 to 12 inches down from the top was the right fill level. level. Mine's a little bit different with the multi port on top comma so I'm not sure how that relates to your filter.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well I dropped in the 3 bags (150lbs) of sand and I did end up close to an inch from the top. I think it was low on sand but I'm not seeing or feeling any of it sitting on the bottom :confused:

Will likely take it apart this fall or coming spring and check the laterals just to be sure. Too nice a day so I cleaned it, added the sand and I'm :paddle:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.