Tf 100 test results in. Now what?

Janmot

Aug 3, 2016
La Grange
TF 100 test came in today so I quickly conducted all of the test. I should mention it was early evening after a scorcher of a day. Pool is in direct sunlight and I had not added my usual chlorine yet. Here are the results
FC-2
CC-.5
PH-7.5
TA-240
CH-325
CYA-<20

Had trouble with CYA test. When container was at the top of the container it was a little cloudy but dot still visible. Tested again and same results. Not zero but less than 20.

What do I need to correct first? I already added chlorine but do I then work on CYA or do I work on getting TA down. Wasn't sure which area to correct first. What is the order?

TF 100 test came in today so I quickly conducted all of the test. I should mention it was early evening after a scorcher of a day. Pool is in direct sunlight and I had not added my usual chlorine yet. Here are the results
FC-2
CC-.5
PH-7.5
TA-240
CH-325
CYA-<20

Had trouble with CYA test. When container was at the top of the container it was a little cloudy but dot still visible. Tested again and same results. Not zero but less than 20.

What do I need to correct first? I already added chlorine but do I then work on CYA or do I work on getting TA down. Wasn't sure which area to correct first. What is the order?

CYA to 40 ppm and FC to 5 ppm. They are independent you can do them in any order. The rest (TA/pH) can be taken care of later.

Thank you. I wasn't sure if there was a certain order. Appreciate the help.

read your other thread where you're saying about high iron content. That is always a problem and you'd need a lot of Pool Owner Patience to take care of that. Here is example of the thread dealing with situation. Please note the owner there had algae problem on top of iron so it was more complicated then yours: Iron in the water
The more that thread progressed the more you could see the improvement, the member there was very persistent and was eventually rewarded with sparkling water, so there's definitely hope :).

Crystal clear. The only thing I see is a very light film on top of water. Others think it may be residue from lotions, make-up and body powders. Tested this morning but just FC and PH. I had added chlorine last night.

FC 8.5
CC 0
PH 7.5

Crystal clear. The only thing I see is a very light film on top of water. Others think it may be residue from lotions, make-up and body powders. Tested this morning but just FC and PH. I had added chlorine last night.

FC 8.5
CC 0
PH 7.5

I once read (somewhere else) that a couple drops of dawn dish soap in the middle of the pool will cause that film to move to the edge and collect on the walls and allow it to be cleaned up there. I haven't seen anything here about soap in a pool though. You might wait and see if anyone else weighs in before attempting it. My skimmer usually does a good job of keeping the film off my water so I haven't tried it either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.