SWG Pump Time and Chlorine percentage

gmike09

Bronze Supporter
Aug 10, 2016
Atlanta, Ga
Hello All

I am coming off a slam and trying to figure out the optimal setting in terms of pump time and chlorine output percentage going forward while my chlorine decreases. Seeing that the saniclear 20 outputs a maximum chlorine of .33kg (~.7 pounds) is there a cool formula to determine what is the optimal chlorine percentage as well as pump time? If not, based on my pump information of 34-85 gpm (average ~60 gpm) I am thinking at a minimal I will need to run the pump for around 6 hours. Assuming I run the pump for 6 hours, I am but not sure exactly how to calculate the setting that would be best for me. Please help.

Thanks!!!!

hardness 250
tc 15
fc 15
ph 7.6
CYA 70

gmike,

Wow.. looks like the you are going to have to run your pump for 16.4 hours with the SWG at 100% just to replace 3 ppm of chlorine.

Sounds like it is time for a bigger SWG or a variable speed pump..

Jim R.

Note that you will need to know the actual "function time" of your swg. That is how many minutes the manufacturer considers to be a full cycle. Then the output will relate to a percentage of that run time. Most do not modulate, they simply switch on or off for a duration based upon the cycle time.

Thanks. This is exactly what I am looking for. That post should be a sticky.

- - - Updated - - -

gmike,

Wow.. looks like the you are going to have to run your pump for 16.4 hours with the SWG at 100% just to replace 3 ppm of chlorine.

Sounds like it is time for a bigger SWG or a variable speed pump..

Jim R.

This might be a silly question, but can you mix and match the controller with the cell? For example, can I keep my Saniclear 20 controller but connect it to a Aqua Rite T-15 cell?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.