Suction side vacuum

Jduca

Bronze Supporter
Aug 8, 2016
Newbury Park CA
New to this AG pool stuff and I'm having trouble with the pool. I have the dead algae from my SLAM still in the pool. The only suction for the pump is a side mounted device, no skimmer. I am looking for some sort of vacuum that will allow me to suck this dead algae into the filter but the pump is only 1/2 hp.

any ideas? I don't really want to put big bucks into this thing. I've tried a wand type suction device with a screen on the inside but the "dust" simply goes through the screen and becomes free.

Just a plain vacuum head, pole and hose is what you need. You might need a cuff to adapt to your suction inlet. Move it very slowly across the bottom of the pool after the dead algae carcasses have settled. Here's a couple links:
Swimline Flexible Vac Head 8150
Blue Wave Deluxe In-Ground Vac Hose 1 1/2 inch / 25 foot - NA200 - INYOPools.com
Swimming Pool Telescopic Pole - NA302 - INYOPools.com

And here's a kit: Amazon.com : Splash Pools Splash Pool Maintenance Kit, 48 to 52-Inch : Swimming Pool Maintenance Kits : Patio, Lawn Garden

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.