Keep Hula hoops from skimmer

Jun 16, 2015
Zeeland, MI
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
I have a version of the lily pad pool warmers (DIY, Zero-energy Pool Warmers Could Save You Thousands) so I don't need to mess with a solar cover. Mine are hula hoops inside of brown trash bags. I put holes in some of them so that water can go in them and warm up. My problem is that my skimmer sucks them in at times and prevents water from entering and causes my pump to suck in air. Does any have any suggestions on how to keep this from happening?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a version of the lily pad pool warmers (DIY, Zero-energy Pool Warmers Could Save You Thousands) so I don't need to mess with a solar cover. Mine are hula hoops inside of brown trash bags. I put holes in some of them so that water can go in them and warm up. My problem is that my skimmer sucks them in at times and prevents water from entering and causes my pump to suck in air. Does any have any suggestions on how to keep this from happening?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

those mostly 'work' by reducing evaporation, not harvesting additional energy from the area outside of the pool. Normal pool cover for the same purpose would be much more convenient/efficient IMO.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.