Oh the days when I loath pool ownership

I can't say I ever loathe pool ownership. I admit I wasn't crazy about it when my wife first talked me into it, but even when it's a chore I can find a silver lining.

True this..... even when the pool is being a pain, it's my therapy, I love being outside messing with it. But then I like to keep it "perfect" and kickback and enjoy it.

I love pool ownership, it's therapeutic. :D but this heat this year is overwhelming, another 111 degree day today and tomorrow. Dry heat my butt The difference between 105 and 110 is ridiculous... 115 is insane 40 years and I've never get used to it :( Pool drinks more chlorine per day then I drink water and I drink a lot of water. I have 10 tiles that poped off this summer cause of the sun on them all day, either that or we had a earth quake

Hope your back gets better

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 235
I love pool ownership, it's therapeutic. :D but this heat this year is overwhelming, another 111 degree day today and tomorrow. Dry heat my *** The difference between 105 and 110 is ridiculous... 115 is insane 40 years and I've never get used to it :( Pool drinks more chlorine per day then I drink water and I drink a lot of water. I have 10 tiles that poped off this summer cause of the sun on them all day, either that or we had a earth quake

Hope your back gets better

I grew up in South Texas, and I think I can relate. 100 to 105 was a fairly regular occurrence, and it was hot. But when it hit 110, oh man! Then, my family took a trip out I-10 to California one summer, and we stopped in Arizona one evening for dinner and to find a hotel. I saw a bank sign that said it was 123 degrees and when I got out of the car it felt like someone sucked the life out of me. Not a heat I had felt before. Now I'm in the midwest where despite the thermometer telling you it's in the mid 90's, it "feels like" 110 to 115 due to the massive amounts of humidity.

To the OP, I feel your pain. I've been sick with a stomach bug all week. Luckily I have my chlorine feed automated with a stenner on a timer, and had filled up the storage tank before I got sick.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey Mark...put some water in that pool... You may cool off.

Pretty clear huh !!

You should try the 95 degrees and 90%+ humidity we have been getting around here lately, makes a dry 105 sound pleasant..

You can have that humidity, I was in New York this last June and I was like WHAT !! It was really bad walking around and your clothes are all wet..here at least every things drys in a few seconds at 110 degrees

Cheers everyone, it's almost over !!
Mark

I live in SE Texas near the Gulf of Mexico and people always complain about humidity vs dry heat. Man, it's all hot, who cares if you got it hotter or cooler, it's awful. So I can relate man. And I always tell people the same thing, you can learn to live with it but you NEVER get used to it!

Anything is better than the floods presently in Louisiana where you're neighborhood is one huge dirty pool !! Can't complain about anything when you see those poor folks and what they are going through.

I guess I have some days I'd like to fill it in but they there are the times I have the water just right, bottoms clean, no raking and nothing to do but float and have a cool drink enjoying the view. I love it.

Hope you're back is feeling better soon.

Kinda going through a little pool remorse right now as I have a leak that's kicking my butt. After spending all day in 110 degrees and not really feeling I have it fixed its becoming a tad frustrating.

I can can say however my water is looking pretty dang good at least! And everything gets better when I see how much fun my family has cooling off in it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.