Pool Being Finished On Tuesday.

May 5, 2008
So my pool has finally reached the final stages and I am in need of some advice.

After the pool has finished filling the pool company will be adding the chemicals to get the water initially balanced. So my question is this..

Should I let them do their thing and start dumping chemicals in and adjust after they leave, or should I nip it in the bud before they add anything to the pool that might be questionable.

They usually will not add anything harmful and you don't want to do anything to jeopardize the warranty. For ours I let them do their thing with the exception of CYA I asked how much they intended to add. They were going to put 70ppm, i asked them to only go to 30 and I would adjust up from there if I thought there was a need they were fine with it.

For ours I let them do their thing with the exception of CYA I asked how much they intended to add. They were going to put 70ppm, i asked them to only go to 30 and I would adjust up from there if I thought there was a need they were fine with it.

Thanks for the tip. I will keep an eye on it and ask. I will bump up the cya when the swg is ready to be turned on.

My replaster included (well, I obviously paid for it) the first 30 days of maintenance. I would trust them to do what's required for the warranty but no reason you can't ask them what they're going to use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.