I made a pool logger

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellC

Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
Austin, TX
So, I haven't owned a pool that long but I found logging my chemicals tedious with something like excel or the notes app on my phone. So I made something that I could use to track my testing and what I have done to the pool. It is web based so it should work across all platforms. The deal is, is that it probably has a billion bugs (I am not a 'real' programmer) but I have been using it for a week or so and it's been helpful. I am going to add a ton more stuff like graphing etc..

I made a registration system so other people can use it but it has no form validation or user account verification yet, so I am hesitant to release it and then some spammers go wild with it. I also don't know the rules for posting something like this. Mods, if this isn't allowed, remove it. Anyways would anyone even be interested in something like this? Maybe I can just make a beta code to use or something and can give it to a few people.

Here is a screenshot from my phone:

If you've got a monitoring system you can automatically log that data on ThingSpeak. My system currently automatically logs and graphs temperature and pressure (along with a few other parameters) to ThingSpeak - see Proto Pool - ThingSpeak for my public page. I have no affiliation with ThingSpeak other than a satisfied customer. It would be nice to be able to display data you've collected in your application to a visualization app like ThingSpeak.

That's pretty cool! I was thinking about adding visualization features for all the params. But first I have to get the basics done. I guess I could add PoolMath recommendations etc too...but one thing at a time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I record rainfall as well - helps me keep an eye on how much wash out is occurring. This would be a good optional measurement.
Especially if you can add the data automatically from Wunderground via their API - that way you can get the rainfall data from your own weather station or the nearest Wunderground site. You could potentially also add something like solar insolation which might help calculate chlorine loss.

Also, whilst the features are creeping in... It would be useful to be able to enter past history - ie the previous few years data. I have several pads with the results diligently recorded that I intend to put into excel.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.