I made a pool logger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy neighbor! I'm in New Braunfels, TX and would love to help test this with you. Sounds like a great idea and I've only had my pool filled since August 7th so I don't have that much past data to enter! I'll send you a PM if you're still open to more testers. Thanks!

I have many more basic things to do to make this app more functional but I wanted to see if I could so this so I made it automatically calculate the CSI of your latest test if you have entered all the needed params. OK, on to more important things like editing functionality. Hah.

For those of you testing. I just made a change to the main home page on the app. I now shows the latest test result from each chemical tested. So if you tested CYA last week but test FC and PH daily. it will show todays FC and PH but last weeks CYA so you have values for everything. That way it can always display 'current' CSI, etc... I made this change for my personal use, if you guys don't like it let me know.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
i like the look of it
one suggestion, not sure if you have already incorporated or not
with displaying last tested result on main page, set a time limit to prevent laziness
ie main page shows old CH as 300 but you haven't actually tested for 2 months
set a limit or adjustable limit so shows NT after one month?

I'd request the ability to enter "what I added" (with a flag for after or before the test). I added columns for ounces of Chlorine and Acid (all I have to add on a regular basis) to the paper log sheet forms I print out and hand-write because I find it useful to be able to skim through and see that I add N jugs of chlorine per week during the summer, etc.

For the carryover results; I'd suggest just adding the date the test was last done (or "N days ago") so you can see all the numbers at a glance but know how old each is.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.