I tested my chems yesterday and the numbers are as follows:
FC 3.0
CC 0
TC 3.0
TA 60
pH 7.1
CYA 10
Salt 3600
I put the pH and CYA numbers into the Pool calculator and I have a question about the results? It says I should put in 61oz b/w of soda ash and 227oz b/w of Stabilizer, so today I added 40oz of soda ash and 128oz of Stabilizer to my pool knowing the CYA can take a week to fully desolve I only added 3/4 of the recommended amount. Does this look right, because I checked the pH and now I'm getting 8.2+ :shock: only 1 hour after adding the soda ash? Well this change or go up once the pool water has turned over. I ran the boost 24hr cycle yesterday and the FC did not change I assume it is because the CYA is so low. It has been in the 90s here for the last 2 days. I did not add any cholrine to the pool because the Autopilot runs continuously. I figured once the CYA levels are up the FC will stabilize. I'm thinking about this in the right way or do I need to add bleach to get the FC up a little higher?

Just recheck the ph again from two different areas of the pool and got the same result 7.5+, so I guess I just screwed the first test up :oops: . Still would like to know if I'm on the right track.

Simearl said:
I tested my chems yesterday and the numbers are as follows:
FC 3.0
CC 0
TC 3.0
TA 60
pH 7.1
CYA 10
Salt 3600
I put the pH and CYA numbers into the Pool calculator and I have a question about the results? It says I should put in 61oz b/w of soda ash and 227oz b/w of Stabilizer, so today I added 40oz of soda ash and 128oz of Stabilizer to my pool knowing the CYA can take a week to fully desolve I only added 3/4 of the recommended amount. Does this look right, because I checked the pH and now I'm getting 8.2+ :shock: only 1 hour after adding the soda ash? Well this change or go up once the pool water has turned over. I ran the boost 24hr cycle yesterday and the FC did not change I assume it is because the CYA is so low. It has been in the 90s here for the last 2 days. I did not add any cholrine to the pool because the Autopilot runs continuously. I figured once the CYA levels are up the FC will stabilize. I'm thinking about this in the right way or do I need to add bleach to get the FC up a little higher?

Just recheck the ph again from two different areas of the pool and got the same result 7.5+, so I guess I just screwed the first test up :oops: . Still would like to know if I'm on the right track.

You really don't want to run the SWG until your numbers are balanced. You should be supplementing with liquid chlorine until it is. I would suggest you perform an Overnight FC test as instructed here.

I tried entering your numbers and didn't come up with what you came up with. What were your targets? Are you sure you had 33K in your "gallons" section?

In any event, keep testing and you may need to add some Muratic Acid to lower that PH.

How does your water look?

I tested my water yesterday and the CYA has come up from 10 to 40. I'm going to test the CYA again in a week to see where it is then and determine if I need to add more stabilizer. As for the ph it is staying around 7.2 to 7.4 which is good. I will do a overnight FC test today to see if I need to shock the pool. I did retest the FC yesterday also and it is at 5.5.

When I posted before I added the chems the water in the deep end was cloudy, you could still see the main drains. Now after adding the stabilizer to get the CYA up and adding a some washing soda for the pH the water is crystal clear no cloudiness at all so I think I'm on the right track. Thanks for the advice on the overnight FC test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.