Is this scale? Best way to remove?

Tul9033

Mar 31, 2016
NE OK
Our pool is just over a month old. Finish is River Rok. Water is salt. CH is just under 200 and pH is kept below 8 with usually every 3 day MA additions.
I'm getting a white scale around a few of the in floor jets. It's like the high velocity water is depositing scale on the rough edges of he ROK. The PB came back and drained the pool and acid washed again to address these areas and several splotchy areas where the "cream" was heavy around the ROK. It seemed to go away, but came back very quickly.
I want the PB out of here like yesterday, so I am very reluctant to have them address the issue. I'm contemplating an under water acid applicator or a pumice stone?

IMG_4598.jpgIMG_4597.jpg

Yes, it definitely was in the 12, 3, 6, & 9 positions on 3 of the 18 heads. Salt had not been added the first time it appeared. I was suspicious of CYA since it seemed to appear shortly after adding it. It was rough and felt very much like salt. It was on the surface of the Rok finish.
Thanks for the link!

Looks like effloresence. You can almost see it circuling the floor return.

- - - Updated - - -

Efflorescence - Causes,Â*Removal, and Prevention

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.