Pool shell/Bubbler off center

Re: A few off measurements after pool was shot.

The plaster layer is relatively thin, so you aren't going to move things as far as you want just by adding plaster. You might be able to get the step measurements closer, but for 1.5" difference you are probably better off either adding or removing shotcrete. They had to after-the-fact fix an issue on our spa by shaving off shotcrete in one area and adding more in another, and we were told while not ideal, it isn't uncommon. Moving the bubbler (now that it is encased in shotcrete) and moving the whole pool, I can't imagine that it is realistic. If your pool builder messed up and knew that the alignment was vitally important to you before he messed up, then you might be entitled to some freebies or concessions.

Pool Shell, Bubbler Off Center

IMG_4635.jpg (edge of shallow end should be centered between the column)

IMG_4636.jpg (edge of deep end should be centered between the column)

So our pool shell was just shot and the pool was supposed to be centered between the two columns in photograph. We have a sun shelf the length of the pool that has a centered bubbler now that is off center. Will this be less noticeable when finished? Any advice?

So our pool shell was just shot and the pool was supposed to be centered between the two columns in photograph. The bubbler in picture is somewhat centered with our door to the pool (ext cord is center point), but since the pool is off by this measurement so is the bubbler. It is about 2-3ft closer to shallow end on our sun shelf and right now it looks terrible to me. Will this be less noticeable when finished? Any advice?

IMG_4635.jpg (this is the edge of shallow end)

IMG_4636.jpg (this is the edge of deep end)

It might be easier for us if we saw a picture of it as a whole. I am not sure what I am looking at. Can you put a space between the pics so they do not blend in together. I really want to see if so I understand what you are seeing.

:kim:

To me no it isnt a huge deal if it was my pool. However you are the one building it and it will probably drive you crazy. The first house I owned we built from ground up and I swore I would never do that again becuase of issues like this. BTW you should post more pics, your pool design it is really interesting. I really like it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I love your large shelf! Would be great to see more pics.

The issue wouldn't bother me personally, but no: I do not think it'll be less noticeable after it's finished (to you, i doubt anyone else will ever notice)

If it bothers you a lot or you think it'll bug you in the future - let them know you want it fixed.

That is a good picture of what you are talking about. It would not bother me BUT I try to off set things and not use patterns. I like random.

How about this........are you planing to put loungers on the shelf? If so put them on the shelf and see where the bubbler will hit them. If not have the family sit, relax on the shelf and see how the placement of the bubbler works with that.

What is on the other side of the doors? Will the bubble being offset help you see it from inside since it is not behind the middle of the doors.

IF you do NOT like it have him redo it. It is YOUR money so it is YOUR way!

:hug:

:kim:

Re: A few off measurements after pool was shot.

I think it will be just fine.

Besides, what would you expect of the builder? Rip it all out and start over?

This looks like the beginning of a very, very nice pool area. Don't sweat it! Once you are in the pool enjoying that new area I bet you will forget all about it.

Congrats on the new pool!

Dom

Thanks everyone for the responses. I am trying to upload more pictures but it is only allowing me to have three on the site at a time. We love the design too and usually are off-set decorators because of the anxiety that comes with symmetry. I can't imagine how many times I used this word to the builder excavator etc. then this. We were thinking about adding some reef fish/turtle tile mosaic etc to the lengthy side to come off the symmetrical aspect. Is asking to rebuild something that they will do? We need about a 10x20 paver deck out front that will match the back pavers. They do pavers in house should I use a bargain chip and bite the bullet on it being uneven? I just feel like I deserve some sort of compensation or fixing of this issue considering how many times I stressed this point and it seems it could have been avoided very easily.

I am curious why you didn't do all this measuring before they shot the gunite? As you say, with the level of anxiety you have about this I am surprised you didn't check it when the shell was framed and again when the plumber was roughing in the plumbing. I can't imagine asking them to jackhammer the whole pool out and start over and I can't imagine that they would be willing to do it. They could probably jackhammer out the bubbler, move it over and patch the concrete. A free deck? I don't think you "deserve" a free deck because the pool is off a few inches.

Yeah it's off center, nothing you can do but live with it or chip it out and move it. They shot my shallow end about 2" too shallow and my Baja shelf ended up about a inch or two deeper that we planned. It was clearly marked in the plans, they offered to fix but there was risk involved and it's a big area, I got $1000.00 back from them to live with it. I don't notice anything really in the water. looking back that was the small issue in my build. This should be a pretty easy fix as they just need to chip out shotcrete and run the line over about 1 foot. If the position was clearly in the center the repair should be on them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.