Amount of bleach needed

Jul 2, 2014
Upstate NY
So I am at the point where I know how much I have to add before even measuring. Considering it's been hot here in upstate NY and I have a decent sized pool, is it normal to have to add a bottle of bleach a day? I feel like I am spending $3 a day on chemicals lol.

you are running 4ppm per day that is a little on the high side but not unheard of epically if the pool gets lots of sun. What is your CYA level? If it's in the 30-40 range you can try increasing it to 50-60 range and it may cut your bleach usage down a bit.

My CYA is 60 ppm. I get full sun all day and water is between 86-88 degrees. I also use a solar cover at night. I uncover that during the day so I can clean the pool from leaves and debris and swim if I want to. I like to keep my chlorine at 8 ppm but it sometimes drops to 5 ppm. I have no CC and my OCLT is always good. I assume the sun is just blasting the chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.