What does this PH reading look like to you?

rdbrya1

Silver Supporter
Jul 11, 2016
Gonzales
I apparently love to torture myself over my PH reading, staring at it until my eyes blur. This picture is accurate to what it looks like in real life. Would you add muriatic acid right now? And would you call this right at 8.0 or a tad lower? Hopefully I am not reading into this too much, I feel like I am making this difficult when it doesn't need to be.

IMG_2207.jpg

I can't tell if that matched 7.8 or 8.0, but regardless you should get it down to 7.4-7.6

I like that my pH holds at 7.4 as it is clearly more orange than red, and easier to distinguish.

Dom

Look at it this way, if it is more orange than an orange you need to drop the pH. If it is yellow like a banana you need to raise the pH. I would call this 8.0 for the sake of a starting level in poolmath. It also helps you to read the result if you hold a white index card behind the test block.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks!! I will drop it down to 7.4-7.6.

I know when it is 7.6 I can very easily tell it is 7.6. It is when it gets between 7.8-8.0 (7.9-ish) that I torture myself.

Agree... and I can only torture myself enough.
My work around is to use the acid demand reagent. If one drop matched 7.4 then I assumed my Ph is 8.0. Likewise, 2 drops matched 7.2 then it's 7.8

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.