S1njin

s1njin

Jun 11, 2015
Jackson, NJ
Hi, Gina,

I do not think that is mustard algae. I think it is simply regular dead algae. Mustard algae shows as a smooth, even, yellowish layer on the floors and most always the walls. You show clumps gathered in the bottom of the pool and that color and it's clumping habit is most always dead algae.

SLAM your pool. You must, brush, vacuum and keep the chlorine at SLAM value until your pool is crystal clear and you can pass the OCLT

Duraleigh, this is pretty much what mine looks like too (from the copper/algaecide thread). Except mine gathers along some of the bottom seam of the liner between the floor and the wall. I never have it in splotches i the middle like the OP does.

I did spin my eyeballs to change the flow of water from clockwise to counterclockwise to see if that would help.

TC 12
FC 12
CC 0
pH 7.5
TA 70
CYA 70ish

Water temp 87 (heater has been turned off)

Re: FINALLY figured out I have Mustard Algae!

Duraleigh, this is pretty much what mine looks like too (from the copper/algaecide thread). Except mine gathers along some of the bottom seam of the liner between the floor and the wall. I never have it in splotches i the middle like the OP does.

I did spin my eyeballs to change the flow of water from clockwise to counterclockwise to see if that would help.

TC 12
FC 12
CC 0
pH 7.5
TA 70
CYA 70ish

Water temp 87 (heater has been turned off)

why don't you create your own thread dedicated to your problem? It makes things simpler for us. Please also add name of the test kit you're using to your signature.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.