how to remove seized poolmiser valve

buytheseapools

In The Industry
Aug 10, 2016
Oceanside CA
I have a poolmiser auto fill valve model 400a that was either glued in or has swollen over the past 25 years. I have tried to simply unthread it by spinning it counterclockwise with no luck. I have snapped a couple inches off the stem trying to remove it with needle nose pliers. I've contacted poolmiser directly to see if they sell a tool to remove a stubborn poolmiser valve stem. Unfortunately they don't sell a specific tool that grasps their uneven shaped stem and there isn't enough room to get strap wrench, cresent wrench or much of anything in there. The poolmiser tech suggested i take a 1" pvc pipe and cut two perpendicular cuts across the bottom edge that will grip the ridges in the bottom of the stem. 1" pvc doesn't fit over ridges and 1" coupling is to large. I have a couple of MacGyver ideas in mind but if anyone has had success with this problem before I'd love to hear the solution. Thanks

Unfortunately the nipple extractor doesn't fit properly in to a poolmiser valve stem. Good news is I purchased a telescoping basin wrench which was able to tightly grasp the valve stem at its base. 5 minutes later the new one was and filling the pool water properly again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.