New Pool Start - Fontana, CA - Copping & Stone began 10/8, sort of completed 10/25

Re: New Pool Start - Fontana, CA - Pluming Completed 9/9

The standard engineering for a RBB and rebar placement should be about the same as 2' of retaining. What's the neighbors yard behind you look like?
Here is pic to show
1a9551e9a7833eb82c43e7f28e7efd4b.jpg

So the level is 30 inches higher than my level

Question on the plumming, looking at my contract our return lines are supposed to be 2.5 inches and plummers used 2 inch lines.

Main drain was supposed to be 3 inch and they did 2.5. Looking at the skimmer it uses 2 inch connections to main drains that connect to the skimmer.

Should i request that this be fixed or no real gain in having them replace the returns and drain?

I would at least bring it up.

A 3" main drain is a ridiculous waste of pipe. Request a 2" line to the pad .

The skimmer line should be 2.5" to the pad.

The return line should be 2.5" from the pad to whatever it branches into. This line is much less critical than the suction side lines.

I would at least bring it up.

A 3" main drain is a ridiculous waste of pipe. Request a 2" line to the pad .

The skimmer line should be 2.5" to the pad.

The return line should be 2.5" from the pad to whatever it branches into. This line is much less critical than the suction side lines.
Yes believe i should be hood then. Here are the pipes need to confirm tomorrow that the 2.5 goes to the skimmer. The 3 unch goes to the spa drain.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: New Pool Start - Fontana, CA - Gunite Completed 9/27

Here is a link on how TFP starts up a pool. Make sure to share it with your PB as he holds the warranty card!

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Here are some links I put together for new pool owners. It is a lot of info so take it a bite at a time:

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Do you know what test kit he is going to give you? Find out so we can fill any holes it might have.

:kim:

Thanks Kimkats, still have those outstanding questions to my PB as they should be doing the pool start but according to my contract it was not included.. but really not mentioned anywhere. Other than the conversation with my sales person. I will be picking up my TF-100 test kit soon, any other kit needed to test salt water after 30 days?

Yes. The salt kit isn't absolutely necessary but Its relatively cheap and handy to have especially when dumping in that initial load of salt.
Got it, and thanks. One last question.

The angles coming into the spa a too acute ie like a sharp 30 degree angle.. is this right or should the gunite crew have rouded this off instead?

Here is a pic:

Otherside is similar.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.