New Pool Start - Fontana, CA - Copping & Stone began 10/8, sort of completed 10/25

Re: New Pool Start - Fontana, CA - Rebar Completed 9/3

Geosage- Yes need to talk to PB ahai. On this as they are charging way too much on labor.. for example they quoted $1200 for 4x12 travertine pieces and $2500 for the 24x12 to be cut into shape around the curves...

My main concern is that we can have flagstone that would require a ton more labor/cuts than the travertine and softer stone too..

I checked with Thompsons and quoted me contractor's pricing.. i wa able to get the allowance from PB and was quoted $8 foot..

Flagstone they cover upto .25 cents per pound..

Curious they give you a $500/ton allowance on flagstone vs. $400/ton for us... hm. It's interesting that they're quoting you on labor upgrades... we never encountered that with our stonework (though they very well could have had they done so before the stone was purchased etc.). If you want to be cheeky, you could maybe ask around with some laborers and ask how much they would charge to saw X amount of coping pieces into 4 inch pieces and if it's cheaper, you could comment to the PB that you'll use the thicker material and have it cut to shape yourself and then the PB's labor is the same and thus no upcharge...

Keep us updated on what they say when you next chat with them. We're personally trying to get the 'cleanup crew' onto the property this week before we go on vacation next week... no reply from the PB yet.

Pending final pricing on upgraded 5cm travertine coping.. looking to stay with 4x12 for spa and 12x12 for the main pool.

Pluming set to start tomorrow..

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Plumbing done, those guys worked 12-13 hours days and got it done.. WOW.

PB still pending final price for travertine 12x12 5CM Noce copping.. Wish she would just give me a price..

Limited pics from pluming please let me know what you guys think.. this before the panel was mounted right in front of the filter. Pipes painted to match as well.

7e77345256a17a8d32cd9ee1cddb2895.jpg

6df5511b8e25e1cf0991482b03d8b54b.jpg

Please go look to make sure there are unions on all of the equipment.....I don't think I see one on the center pump. NOW is the time to get that done.
Yes they did not put any on either pump.. his explanation was that any plummer would be able to take care of it... I take it they should redo it right?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: New Pool Start - Fontana, CA - Rebar Completed 9/3ye

Unions though maybe, just maybe, might be conveniet in the future, introduce another mechanical connection subject to failure. Besides who's to say the unions you buy at cheapo depo in 6 years will mate to any you install now? Going with the PB on this one.

Also, with the Pentair pumps, if something goes wrong, the motor part of the pump (with the electronics on it), separates from the piece that is plumbed and can be replaced without touching the plumbing.

Re: New Pool Start - Fontana, CA - Pluming Completed 9/9

Quick update - On Monday we had our Pre-Gunite Inspection and failed as the plans called my land to be flat.. We have a 30 inch raise to our property line so will have to go back to engineering for updated plans.. grrr.. Not sure how our PB missed that.. They were building a 30 inch raised bond beam on the back side..

On a positive note finally received my quote for the copping Travertine 5CM Noce 12x12 for 1k upgrade fee..

Hope this plan update goes quickly.. We had the Gunite tentatively scheduled for this Friday.

Re: New Pool Start - Fontana, CA - Pluming Completed 9/9

"Plans" show that my backyard is "flat" when we have a 30 inch raise in the back holding up the property line.. had a 30 inch retaining wall for the planter in the back.. Had that pulled out and the 30 inch bond beam was supposed to replace that. PB/Engineering missed that in the plans and inspector wanted to ensure they accounted for it with proper rebar.. thats what I understood anyway.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.