Pentair Rainbow in-line feeder on a salt water pool?

Oct 15, 2015
DFW, TX
a neighbor is about 3 weeks ahead of me in our respective builds with the same builder and just had his equipment pad finished up today. We're both doing salt water pools but noticed the PB put a Pentair in-line chlorine feeder (Rainbow 320 to be precise) in his install. Apart from possibly startup, is this going to serve any purpose? I suppose as a possible backup if his SWG cell goes belly up at some point before he could drop a replacement in?

I'm faced with a similar situation, though I plan to use bleach with a Stenner pump rather than a SWG. My builder said he would still include one "just in case". I think he thinks I'm a little crazy for not wanting to drink the kool-aid and use the pucks like everyone else. I dropped it and said OK, but maybe I should tell him not to include it after all. Just curious if there is a reason you say definitely skip it. The only thing I could think of is that it is an unnecessary weak point in the plumbing if I don't really plan to use it. I'm I on the right track?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.