New Pool Owner Need Help

Aug 10, 2016
Akron, IN
Hi, my family and I just got our first pool in July and we have been fighting the water. I'm not 100% certain what kind of filter it has but it is 3,800gallons and is above ground. I use the HTH pool products but I can't seem to get it right. It is well water.

TA: 200
pH: 7.2
Hardness: 340
Cycric Acid: can't read.

I'm battling the alkaline right now after beating out the metal. Is there anything else I obviously need to change? What is a cloudly blue. And it won't clear up. My filter gets kind of a calcium color to it and I have to spray it out daily. Water dries my hands badly. I did talk to HTH technical services but I don't know of the products just aren't working or if I'm doing something wrong. I'm currently using pH negative to decrease the akaline. Please help! I'm new to all this. We are using the liquid 6 way test by HTH.

Using pool math, assuming you have stabilizer (cya) present, you would need 24 oz of 8.25% bleach to bring you from 0 FC to 4, and if you don't have stabilizer, you will need much more chlorine to start killing the algea, probably causing cloudy water. You need to read POOL SCHOOL and some of the other articles describing how these chemicals work together.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.