Air continuously in pool pump

Aug 10, 2016
Guelph Ontario
Hi,

I have a soft sided Intex pool and pump with no skimmer. Air keeps appearing in my outlet hose, just outside the pump.

I unplug the pump, unscrew the valve on top to let all the air out, shake all the hoses to ensure the air is out of them, and then plug the pump back in.

It runs well for a few minutes and then air starts accumulating in the hose again. I've done this several times. All my connections seem to be tight. I do not see air in any other hoses.

How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Tom

There is a leak somewhere in either the hoses leading from the pool to the pump, or in the pump itself. Have you checked the o-ring in the top of the pump to see that it's seated correctly?

Hi,

I have a soft sided Intex pool and pump with no skimmer. Air keeps appearing in my outlet hose, just outside the pump.

I unplug the pump, unscrew the valve on top to let all the air out, shake all the hoses to ensure the air is out of them, and then plug the pump back in.

It runs well for a few minutes and then air starts accumulating in the hose again. I've done this several times. All my connections seem to be tight. I do not see air in any other hoses.

How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Tom
Hello and welcome.

Can you post a picture?

I assume you are referring to the suction side of the pump?

Is the water level of the pool above the suction fitting in the pool?

Are all connections tight?

Dom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.