SWCG need to shock?

dndrich

Silver Supporter
Apr 19, 2015
Sebastopol, CA
PoolPals:

I recently converted to the Saltron Mini salt water chlorine generator for my spa. It is working perfectly. Now, with my pool I also have a SWCG, and I never shock the pool. Never. The pool is perfect. According to the instructions that came with my Aquapure 1400, they say that shocking is likely not needed since the chlorine level inside the generator is very high, and shocks the water as it comes through it. That has been my experience with the pool. For those of you using a SWCG in your spa, do you find the same? My spa seems perfect, the FC level is 4, and there are no CC's. Can I get away without the weekly shock of liquid chlorine?

A few weeks in now with my new SWCG in my spa, and I have to say, it is terrific. For the first time in the 8 years I have had the spa, I can say that I am really enjoying it. It is always ready, and crystal clear and delightful. Super easy to maintain with minimal effort. The help I have received on this site is outstanding. Now that I understand the chemistry and care, and have a good test kit, what a difference. Wow. And it all makes sense too. The days of so many crazy products from the pool store are gone. I have a shelf full. I look at the stuff now and just laugh. Knowledge is power. Thanks to all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.