Overload of Debris in Pool

joegus

May 20, 2014
Lewisberry, PA
I am helping my neighbor get his pool back opened after it has been closed for over two years. After slamming the pool for over a week, the water is crystal clear but a thick sediment has dropped to the bottom. It would be really easy if we could pump this stuff off the bottom of the pool without running it through the filter. Every time we turn his pump on it just stirs it up and makes the water cloudy. His pool pump is piped so that we cannot just bypass the filter and pump to the ground. Does anybody have any suggestions on where I can get a separate pump to vacuum out this debris? I thought it would be easy to find one but it is not really........any help?

plumb a 3 way jandy valve at the pump return, then you can turn the valve, and stop the flow return to the filter, or allow the pump to vac to waste, a back wash hose can be connected to the stub pipe off the new 3 way, this is a clever way to bypass the filter, picture a 3 way that is like a "T" the left arm goes to the filter, the right arm has a 6''-12'' piece of pvc pipe glued to it, and the center goes to the pump, we would do this sometimes on pools for customers that are struggling with being new to pool ownership & maintenance issues and had green pools a lot,

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.