Always leave Creepy Crawley on or rotate?

Aug 1, 2016
Brisbane
I've noticed if I always leave creepy Crawley connected and doing his job the top of the pool water gets smaller amounts of debris.

Should you give creepy Crawley a break every few days so the skimmer can clean the top layer of the water?

Having your Kreepy Crawly always hooked up will affect the skimming action of your pool. The debris will generally sink eventually and the Kreepy will pick it up if it's not too big. The bigger concern with leaving your Kreepy in the pool all the time is that it will possibly shorten its life with exposure to chemicals and the sun. IMO I would rotate it.

I just leave mine in all the time. Granted, I have a dedicated vacuum port so I'm still getting skimming, but having to pull it out/put it in all the time would drive me nuts (that's one of the reasons I didn't get a robot). Most of the wear and tear items are pretty easy/cheap to replace.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.