Pool Builder/Replaster Recommendations LA County, San Fernando Valley

fatboy1271

LifeTime Supporter
I have to re-plaster this year, along with tile and coping, but I'd also like to find out what the cost of re-configuring the shape would be. It is currently a "kidney bean" shape and I'd like it to be a rectangle.

I'm searching for businesses to do the work through Yelp and Angie's List but I wanted to post here in case some of my "neighbors" here on the forum have had similar work done...?

You aren't really "reconfiguring." If you want it to be a rectangle that fits inside your irregularly shaped pool you will go through (slightly) lesser expense. If you want it the same size or bigger, you're essentially demolishing and building new (cost of a new pool build plus costs of demolition of existing pool). I have a friend who was considering "moving" their gunite pool to another part of their yard. I had to explain that there was no "move" only demolish and rebuild.

You aren't really "reconfiguring." If you want it to be a rectangle that fits inside your irregularly shaped pool you will go through (slightly) lesser expense. If you want it the same size or bigger, you're essentially demolishing and building new (cost of a new pool build plus costs of demolition of existing pool). I have a friend who was considering "moving" their gunite pool to another part of their yard. I had to explain that there was no "move" only demolish and rebuild.

Thanks Geebot! That's what I was figuring the answer would be to a "reconfiguration." In fact, I set up an appointment with someone right after posting this and the receptionist said it wouldn't be worth it...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.