ipool (1,300 gallon pool) in need of a heater

Aug 5, 2016
snohomish
I bought a ipool (1,300 gallon pool) to swim (has a harness) but I underestimated Seattle's crappy weather and the pool is way too cold.

I really only need to heat it for an hour of swim 4 days a week and I do not need it very warm just tolerable cold.

I have read horrible stories about electric bill on electric heaters; however, I do not have gas on the yard and I dont want to spend thousand on a heat pump.

1) What is your recommendation to do here?...how bad will be the electric bill hit?

2) Will a 5 kW 1.89 GPM Smart Spa Electric Spa Water Heater be enough or should I go for the 11 kW 1.89 GPM one?

3) I was also looking at the CSPAXI11 Comfortzone 11Kw Cspa Electric Spa Heater, is that one better choice?

3) Is there any recommendation for any other electrical heater in $500's range?

Is the pool outdoors? Solar blankets are pretty effective at preventing heat loss overnight. I would try that first. Then even if you do still decide to add a heater, the blanket can still be used to retain the heat, lessening the time you need to run the heater.

Is the pool outdoors? Solar blankets are pretty effective at preventing heat loss overnight. I would try that first. Then even if you do still decide to add a heater, the blanket can still be used to retain the heat, lessening the time you need to run the heater.

Thanks for the suggestion. No, there is no sun in Seattle. Literary no sun and especially this summer. I will get the blanket thou but I do need some artificial warming.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.