Green diving pool Rio

Hilarious! I still don't know if the story about the green pool wastrue or not, but I was reading FB posts where people were saying "Oh just add some copper sulphate and some "shock" and it will be clear blue by morning".
I was thinking, umm, no. You need to SLAM the heck out that pool! Better order the TF-100 with XXXXL Option!

Apparently this is why:

FINA can confirm that the reason for the unusual water color observed during the Rio diving competitions is that the water tanks ran out of some of the chemicals used in the water treatment process.
“As a result, the pH level of the water was outside the usual range, causing the discoloration. The FINA Sport Medicine Committee conducted tests on the water quality and concluded that there was no risk to the health and safety of the athletes, and no reason for the competition to be affected.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Some divers complained because it was so dark they couldnt see the bottom of the pool while others liked it because it gave them some frame of reference instead of seeing blue pool and then blue sky when doing those flips. Someone better sent in the clorox tanker to clean that bugger up. I noticed yesterday it still had a nice green tint to it.

It would be nice if a mod could consolidate the threads about this subject on this site as there are at least seven of them.

My husband wanted me to see what my fellow TFP members had to say about this.
Same things I've been telling him down to the Copper ions turning Lochte's hair green NOT copious amounts of chlorine.

Just shaking my head over this whole Rio experience. Seems like the most inexperienced of us could handle the pools better than they are doing.
At least I would know to call on all of you if I needed help :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.