I'm new to the pool

Aug 7, 2016
Ca
So I just got a house with a pool. It's a 31,000 gallon pool with spa. A few days in my pool got cloudy but no alge build up. So I added liquid chlorine. I still got 0. Waited a day added 2 more gallons. Tested the next night and still 0. But the pool was getting clearer. So I shocked it and now the pool is clear. So I took my water to Leslie's Pool. And this is the results.

FAC 0
CH 580
CYA 100
PHO 300
pH 7.4
TA 120
TFS 2300

The pool pressure was starting to run a lil high so I backlashed it. After I added earth. Is there anything else I could do?

Welcome to TFP!

A couple of items. Leslie's tested your CYA at 100 (which is the max). Chances are that your CYA is even higher than 100. The reason why you are consuming the chlorine and showing "0" is because your chlorine is not as effective at high CYA levels. It is highly recommended that you take control of your pool and start testing the water on your own through one of the recommended test kits. Here at TFP, we rely on our own testing. Additionally, please read through "Pool School" and you will need to SLAM in order to clear up your pool.

Please add your signature so everyone has an idea exactly how your pool is set up. Welcome to TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.