New Pool build in California

Jun 18, 2016
oakdale/ca
I'm a little late posting this process but better late than never. We started our build about 4 weeks ago. There was a delay when they hit our septic and had to reroute everything! Everything seems to be on track now. They are set to shoot the gunite tomorrow. I'm not sure why the pics uploaded sideways. If you know how to fix this let me know! Thanks
IMG_7272 (1).JPGBefore
IMG_8298.JPGWith rebar and plumbing
IMG_7684.JPGProposed end result. The deep end was widened so this will look a little different when they are done.

joshuana's Library | Photobucket

I'm new to photobucket so I hope you can see the pictures. We had some permit delays with the grotto so alas this is taking much longer than the company promised. 3 week delay. We are also having issues with the tile color. We were shown 3 variations of the same tile but when they put it up one day it had 9. It looks like mug and chaos to us. The company said we can choose a different tile. But of course then there's another delay. Has anyone had to do this with a company? I'm thinking we might try buying our tile from a distributor ourselves. Maybe we'll get it sooner and see the product before it goes on.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How's your pool coming vs925? We blew our budget on this one. We are at about 117k for everything. The dimensions are 55ft long by 18-24ft wide. Our shelf is 11ft I believe and along with the grotto shelf 18inches deep. The depth is 3.6-9feet. The rocks are called Gold Country.

Unfortunately, my pool is on hold for a couple of months. I need to push back a retaining wall about 9 feet to gain some more space in the backyard and the wall needs to be engineered. So, I'm now getting bids on the retaining wall work.

Your pool is coming along beautifully....

I wish I could say I have more to add. We are at a stalemate with the messed up tile. We couldn't find a replacement that wasn't an upgrade. The company is refusing to compensate for the tile or time delay. I guess if we want the pool done we will have to settle or fork up more cash to change the tile. I'm so disappointed in this company. The workers constantly leave their trash and we have to pick it up. My husband found used toilet paper flying in the yards open field
where my 5 year old daughter plays. Sorry for the vent. I'm just sad this 5 week promised project is now passing 10. On a positive note. The grotto is 85% done. But until the tile is solved everything is at a halt.

Today is officially week 11 of my 6 week pool. You'll make it through (I keep telling myself that...). Our poolbuilder has also been for the most part a disaster... our project manager is a laughable incompetent.

With the tile, try to consider all sorts of options and possibilities, you never know when a solution may worm its way out of somewhere. Delays... well, learn to laugh at them. It sucks, but, you have to keep sane (I keep telling myself this as well).

All that aside, your grotto looks like it'll be amazing!

Thanks for the comfort and reminders. Sounds like we are in the exact same boat and time! I'm sorry to hear about your delays and PB. I keep telling myself that it's going to work out. I was going to settle for the tile until neighbors and my husband said "That looks terrible! But maybe it'll look better when the water goes in!" It looks ok head on but if you aren't looking at the grotto that my husband calls "The goliath" the tile doesn't look good. I'll keep you all posted!

"The Goliath" hehe. After we got gunite, we called our spa the Cooling Tower because it looked like a nuclear cooling tower. With some reworking/shaping of the thing and the stone all in place, we don't notice it now. I'm sure your Goliath will look amazing once all the vegetation and everything fills in around it (that'll 'finish' off our pool for sure).

It's hard to imagine how things will look at the end and it all comes together. We're debating on plaster color now... will it go with our tile or not? We have VERY bold stone and tile on our pool, my parents love it, I'm chill with anything, and my sister thinks it's ugly.

Just gotta keep marching along... it WILL all be done at some point... just gotta get there :-D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.