Another...slightly cloudy blue pool

derryank

Gold Supporter
Apr 4, 2015
Boston MA
Hi Folks,

It has been a while since I've posted. We have been swimming quite a bit this summer in the new pool...my apologies.

I have been testing regularly and results have been great. I have used Poolmath religiously and maintained as suggested. All good...until yesterday..

The pool was used quite a bit at the weekend. I have only backwashed once this year...it's currently running at 15 psi.

Here are my test results from yesterdays test.

I will post in the forum now. Here are my results below....

FC 4.5
CC 0.5
TC 4.5
CH 75
TA 110
CYA 70
PH 7.5
CL/BR 2-4

Salt 4600ppm...I know this is really elevated...I had just added water two hours before testing.

I'm not sure what the problem is? High in Calcium?

Here is a photo below....What steps do you suggest are next?

Thanks so much for your help.

Cloudy pool.jpg

Did the test. OCLT still the same over night. I performed a backwash, added new water and adjusted the chlorine levels.

Pool looks great. I will do another full test tonight and post the results tomorrow.

I appreciate your help Duraleigh and PAgirl.

Did the test. OCLT still the same over night. I performed a backwash, added new water and adjusted the chlorine levels.

Pool looks great. I will do another full test tonight and post the results tomorrow.

I appreciate your help Duraleigh and PAgirl.

you turned off your SWG for OCLT and left pump running, did you? If SWG was 'on' the test is invalid- pool should have no chlorine source during the test and still lose less than 1ppm FC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.