Powdered Chemicals and Intex Pools

DDave

May 27, 2009
Corning, CA
I have seen it mentioned in a couple of posts to avoid putting powdered chemicals directly into Intex pools because they are not very deep. What would be a good method for doing this? Dissolve in a 5 gallon bucket of water and pour into pool in front of the pump return? Can the same bucket be used for pH Plus and pH Minus (rinsed in between uses of course)? What about the powdered "shock" products?

Thanks.

Dave

Thanks for the replies. I am not using the powdered chlorine. I am using the hth Trichlor tabs. Will probably continue until the CYA gets into range. After that . . . who knows. Give it away to a friend who uses them in his pool. Although I feel kind of guilty about that. He is a "7 tab every other day" guy plus pH+, pH-, algaecide and clarifier once a week, with the 2 way test kit. Not really open to suggestions as he is convinced that's the way to do it. I figure if it works for him, I'll just let him be. If he asks, I'll certainly tell him about TFP.

Just ordered the TF100 test kit so soon I will know what the CYA level is. :mrgreen:

Ordering the test kit was easier when I put it into perspective.

Pool $250
3 yds of sand delivered plus ground cloth $192
Bender board, stakes, etc for pad frame $100
Assorted chemicals ??? don't know. Wife picked them up at Walmart and I didn't see the receipt
Test kit $68 pretty cheap insurance :mrgreen:

Oh . . . and to continue in the VISA commercial pattern . . .
Having sparkling water that is safe for my kids to swim in . . . PRICELESS :goodjob:

Dave

DDave said:
I am using the hth Trichlor tabs. Will probably continue until the CYA gets into range. After that . . . who knows.
Some people (including me) view the bucket of tabs as a lifetime supply of vacation chlorine. Load up the floater and take off for a week... the extra CYA from doing this 1-2x per summer is not going to be a problem.
--paulr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.