CYA sock help

63john

Jul 10, 2016
slidell
As an alternative to "hold the hanging sock in front of return jet" can I fill the sock then walk around the pool squeezing the sock until all powdered sediments have dispersed from the sock into pool water? i haven't yet found a way or technique as above to secure the sock to the return jet.

Re: Just had new pool start up

63john that's a thread hijack, but no, don't sprinkle the powder. Tie a sturdy string around top of sock with a few feet of extra string. Tie it to the end of a 4b2 (2x4) and lay the 4b2 (2x4) on the deck sticking out over the water. You don't want to tie it to the return. The idea is so it hangs in the water a few inches away from the side of the pool, in front of the return. Then squeeze it every once in a while to help it dissolve.

Not sure if it's correct or not, but I put it in a sock and put it in my skimmer. I squeeze it once in while and usually within a day it's dissolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just tied the sock with a small rope running to the handle on a used bleach bottle half filled with water. Set the bleach bottle above one of the skimmers and let the sock hang. The return jet pushes the sock away from the side of the pool so its not resting on anything. Give it some squeezing every once in a while to release all the dissolved CYA.

After my first attempt of adding CYA with a sock hanging in front of a return was a bit of a pain and took longer than I expected, I have moved to the putting it in a knee high stocking with a knot and throwing it in the skimmer basket. Way more water flow there and it's dissolved within 12 hours. Just need to make sure you keep the pump running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.