Choosing plaster for new build-does anyone have granite aggregate plaster finish??

linzvirgo

Bronze Supporter
Jul 29, 2016
So VA
Hi everyone-
We are in the process of a new build and are at the decision making point for decking, coping and pool finish. We are pretty sure we are going with travertine pavers and coping after reading so many iffy things about flagstone coping. We want a blue pool finish that doesn't show any green. Our plaster company really is pushing for GRANITE aggregate-which to tell you the truth i didn't even know was a choice. The company that makes it is called Blue Terra, and located in NC. Some info about our build-we are owner/builder on an approx. 110' perimeter freeform pool, grotto with dolphin water slide, tanning ledge and 2 benches (not counting the grotto). We are located in So VA but NO ONE in the vicinity does concrete pools, so we are stepping outside the box for our area. We were able to sub out through a pool build we are following in Raleigh and concrete and plaster work is coming out of Charlotte. I know-its crazy. Any help on this is so appreciated. I was ready to pick my pebble sheen color and now this.....

I don't know about granite aggregate, but I think claims to it being superior to Quartz or pebble aggregate are likely dubious at best. There are plenty of choices in Quartz or pebble that won't give hints of Green. Contrary to common logic, Greenish finishes give some of the most vivid Blue pool color you can imagine. Personally I would stick with a more well known brand if it were me, and a plaster team that was highly skilled. I'm betting there are some within a reasonable distance.

I agree, I'm just not comfortable going with something that it seems no one has much knowledge of. I would much rather stick with what is proven to work and a product I can see either through pictures or in person to decide. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.