Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ladder/Step Location on an oval pool....

1. Back To Top    #1

Ladder/Step Location on an oval pool....

I just remembered that our installer said that ladders should not be placed on along the side of an oval....he said it was the weak part of the pool. The new deck runs parallel to the long side of the pool. I'm planning on getting a ladder to attach to the deck (or steps) and really didn't think about his comment from two years ago until now.

Keeping in mind it's NEVER a good idea to step on the top rail and hoping everyone will step over it....I'm wondering if it will be OK.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
    15' x 24' x 52" Buttressfree Concorde (Atlantic) ABG installed 2007, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1 speed Pump, Royal Entrance Steps, Clear Solar Blanket, New Deck, and maybe soon a heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ladder/Step Location on an oval pool....

I have a co-worker with a pool like yours. His latter is attached to the deck midway down the long side. Its been like that for 6 years.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Ladder/Step Location on an oval pool....

My steps are at the top corner of the short end if that makes sense. I would put them whereever the deck sits to fit them best - don't worry about it unless someone is standing on a rail anyway.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!