Desired output problem on AquaRite

Green Goblin

Gold Supporter
Nov 5, 2012
Tennessee
I have an aquarite with T-cell-15.

Previously worked reasonably well for a few years it seemed.

This past summer I have had problems with erratic chlorine levels-- levels drop to FC of 1 or less. I've tried many different things to remedy this.

One thing that stands out to me as a problem is that the desired output I choose on the knob/dial does not match what shows up on the LCD display-- it used to line up pretty well: put the dial at 50%, the LCD said 50% (close enough)-- at least that's what I remember it doing, isnt' that how it is supposed to work?

What happens now is that the dial can go from 10% to about 75%, while the LCD goes from about 1 to 10%--- So the dial will be at 75% and the LCD will say 10%, then if i turn just a bit further, say to 80% on the dial, the LCD suddenly reads something like 98%. Usually with some clicking sounds.

Anyone dealt with this before?

The cell in use is not much more than 2 years old (bought in 2014, not sure what month off hand). I've cleaned the cell with acid per manufacturer recs.
I've replaced the board twice in the past 3 months, yet the problem persists.

All help appreciated.
Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.