Lost Liquidator's flowmeter black ball

I've not found one. Try looking at farm and orchard sprayer parts on the web. They look a lot like some I've seen there. I'd like to upgrade mine to a more precise meter and a valve that has a finer adjustment. Seems like it takes me several days to find the sweet spot when I have to change the valve setting.

IMO a very fine adjustment is not so crucial, and even when you find the "sweet spot" the flow should be readjusted as the bleach level changes. The FC concentration in the upper level depends on the distance from the intreface. Anyway, if you have a particular brand in mind please let me know.

I've realized that the quickest and best way to get LQ parts is to call Hasa, ask for Frankie, and they will ship it to you ASAp at no cost.
Make sure you give them the part number as it appears in the product brochure. You can DL it if you lost or misplaced it.

Water_man said:
I've realized that the quickest and best way to get LQ parts is to call Hasa, ask for Frankie, and they will ship it to you ASAp at no cost.
Make sure you give them the part number as it appears in the product brochure. You can DL it if you lost or misplaced it.

Did they send you a whole new flow meter?

I too lost the black ball...Im sure I can function without it, but it sure would be nice to know a ballpark of the flow Im getting.

-Chris

How can the flow indicator function without the ball? How can you read the flow?
They sent me a new flow indicator and didn't charge me a penny.
First they made a mistake and shipped a flow regulating valve. (This is why it's important to give them the part number.) If you call, ask for Ms. Frankie Paice.
On the other hand, our "site approved" Liquidator vendor never bothered to return my direct message to him.

Water_man said:
How can the flow indicator function without the ball? How can you read the flow?
They sent me a new flow indicator and didn't charge me a penny.
First they made a mistake and shipped a flow regulating valve. (This is why it's important to give them the part number.) If you call, ask for Ms. Frankie Paice.
On the other hand, our "site approved" Liquidator vendor never bothered to return my direct message to him.

Yes, I cant read the flow, but I never found a really good correlation between flow reading and ppm of CL reading anyway (since it differs so much with splashout, weather, bather load, etc). Last I checked I had the valve about half open and am keeping very good levels of FC in my pool. Yes the ball being there would be helpful to tweak the setting. I will call Hasa today.

Not sure anyone has tried checking, but is it just a round plastic ball? If so, whats the diameter? Im sure plastic balls could be obtained if we knew the diameter.

launboy said:
Can't be sure, but that might be because they've decided to stop carrying the Liquidator.
Duraleigh was the first vendor and when he stopped it was announced. When he received an inquiry after he had stopped carrying the LQ he responded. Then we got the announcement that someone else is the "approved vendor" and to the best of my knowledge there was no announcement that he no longer carries the LQ.

chrisexv6 said:
Yes, I cant read the flow, but I never found a really good correlation between flow reading and ppm of CL reading anyway (since it differs so much with splashout, weather, bather load, etc).
The correlation is not absolute and linear but relative, and the indicated flow level is better than nothing. For instance, if now I'm having a flow level of 1 and if, because of uncontrolled factors such as more sunlight etc., my FC goes down I know by how much to increase the flow.
As for replacing the ball- the density of the material is important too.
Better call Hasa. If it fails check the threads here for a vendor in CA.
It was posted sometime this spring.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I was able to find the ball (thanks to the 2" of rain we got last night, it squished down a lot of grass around my equipment).

I reinstalled it without measuring, but I would be more than willing to get the diameter with a caliper or micrometer. As for density, not sure. I could weigh it fairly precisely, but not sure if that can give us the exact density (its Friday night, not science time right now :) )

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.