Quick fix for yummy grilling.........cajun injector

induce

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 13, 2007
Murfreesboro, TN
I have used the cajun injector about 4-5 times with pretty good success. Basically, your just injecting the meat with one of several different flavor marinades. Kinda like a IM shot for us medical types. I used this on a turkey (killer) and chicken breasts. I think it's best to buy "skin-on" chicken and shoot it under the skin deep into the meat. the skin tends to hold in the liquid. You can pull the skin off after cooking if you are the skinless type. This has been a quick and easy fix for really moist chicken when time chunched for brine or marinade.
Anyone else using the injector? Any favorite injector marinates or techniques? We really like the teriyaki and honey.

Injectors, oooooohhh yeah!!!!! I have injected alot. Not only for grilling but also when Frying Turkeys

Tony Chachere creole mix
Garlic
Salt
Pepper
Cayenne Pepper
Butter

You have to make sure, it does not clump up on you because it will clog the injecter.

The injecter also works quite well for spiking watermelons. All you need is a lit candle (hot wax) to seal the hole you made with the needle. Then, throw it in the pool and let it chill.

We always inject our turkeys-but learned the hard way to use herbs and spices that will not clog the injector. They come out so moist and flavorful.

I love the idea of spiked watermelons! We will certainly try that! :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.