Combination pool heater/chiller

May 22, 2016
Miami, FL
I live in Miami, and the average temperature in my pool during the months of July and August is about 92 degrees, which is much warmer than I like. I would like it be around 84 or 85 so that it feels cooler and more refreshing when you go for a swim.

I'm looking at getting a pool chiller such as the AquaCal Icebreaker model. I still need the heat pump component to heat the Jacuzzi.

My question, for those who have experience with pool chillers, is how long it would take to cool the water temperature? For a 15,000 gallon pool how long would it take the unit to cool the water from 92 to 85 degrees?

Solar panels and heat pumps can both be used to warm your pool and cool your pool. If you have a south or west facing roof you are probably a great candidate for solar panels. Running solar panels at night will cool your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.