New liner installed wrong?

Snoope

Aug 7, 2016
Ontario
So first a little background. I moved into our house about three years ago. It has an in ground pool. The previous owner left us a note about the pool. He said there is a lot of ground water in the back yard. This causes a lot of water to accumulate behind the liner. To combat it, there is a return line set up in the shallow end behind the liner to pump the water out. So after a few days of rainfall the liner would seem to float and be bouncy in the shallow end. So I turn on the line behind the liner and pump it out. After pumping it out, the liner would be nice and tight and snug all around the floor and walls. I would do this about once a month.

So last week, my old liner was brittle and cracking. So I got it replaced. Immediately, I noticed the where the walls and the floor meet in the shallow end,its bouncy and trampoline like. It's not flush and hard against the wall/floor. So I call the company that installed the liner. They insist that it's done properly but it's because there is water behind the liner. I told them I tried to pump out water from behind it but there is none.

Is it possible the liner wasn't measured properly or some other cause? There definitely isn't any water accumulation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.