High alkalinity in pool

Aug 6, 2016
Reno NV
I have a 10 x 30 Intex easy set pool 1019 gallons. I've been testing my water daily with the hth 3 way liquid test kit for chlorine and ph. My ph was slowly dropping so I used my hth test strips to test everything, specifically TA. It was hardly registering 80 so I used the pool calculater to see how much baking soda to put in to bring it up to about 110. Well the next day I tested again, first with my liquid drops to get my ph and it is spot on. I then used my strips and it was still showing the same results. I wasn't believing it so before doing anything else I went and bought the hth 6 way liquid test kit. I tested my TA again and it is now 170. It's been like this for 2 days now but my ph is staying stable. So I'm thinking my test strips are bad and my TA was probly fine to begin with. So my question is do I need to lower my TA or can I leave it as long as my PH is staying stable? If it does need to be lowered, I'm not really interested in adding more chimicales if I don't have to since it is such a small pool, so would doing a partial drain and refill help?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.