Preferred source of Calcium chloride or calcium chloride dihydrate

Jul 29, 2016
tulsa,oklahoma
Last week I replaced about 40% of my water in order to reduce the CYA, which was up near 100.

Checking my water yesterday revealed CH of 210, which is low.

Is there a preference of liquid vs powder and is there a preference for calcium chloride vs calcium chloride dehydrate?

Thanks

Here is what I bought from Amazon. Amazon.com : North American Salt 50850 Extreme 7300 Calcium Chloride Ice Melter, 50-Pound : Snow And Ice Melting Products : Patio, Lawn Garden

Hard enough to find deicer in the winter down here, impossible in the summer!

Of course, Amazon sent me fertilizer, so I had to send it back! They got it right the 2nd time.

I will have the same problem around here. It is a seasonal product. I may still have some left over fro winters past, as I didn't realize we were talking about ice melt.

I bought the same stuff as Marlahoutex from Amazon on July 24 and it was only $23.54 for the 50 lb bag. No idea why Amazon literally doubled the price but you might want to wait a bit to see if it drops. It is pure calcium chloride and it worked great to raise my CH level (dissolved in 5-gal bucket of pool water and poured in front of a deep end return).

Reactions: Syrr
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.